Thursday, July 29, 2010

Birthdays

Happy birthday to me. I turn fifteen tomorrow. Yes I am only fifteen, which goes a way to explain my thought process. That's not to say I think like other fifteen year olds, but the teenage mind is not one that can function in the busy world of grown ups, and mine is no exception.

Really, I don't think my mind could function anywhere except maybe Japan. Every time I learn one of Japans' cultural quirks that make all the Westerns go "What the heck, that makes no sense!" I always find myself thinking "Oh, is that not how I'm supposed to be?"

Unfortunately, I have thus far failed to learn Japanese, and a mind that thinks in English probably can't function in Japan terribly well even though starting in a few short years all Japanese school children age six and up will be required to learn English.

This all brings me back to my mind is not fit to function in adult life.

Which brings me back to adult life, AKA my birthday.

I don't like getting older. Right now I am young peppy and exuberant. I have only had one proper job so far in my life, working on a fabulous llama farm, and I loved it. Having a job made me happy. The hard physical labour for minimum wage? Again- Loved it!

So why do I want to get old and burned out and hate work and hate life? I already hate myself, why add in that other stuff?

Speaking of other stuff, being born on July thirtieth makes me a Leo.

Leos are cool, because we're all a bunch of arrogant pricks, but being Leo also is supposed to guarantee that the person is spectacular.

The "planet" of Leo? The sun. Source of all energy on Earth.
The animal of Leo? Lion, the "King of the Jungle". Yes, yes, they live on the savanna. But they were believed to be the greatest animals alive.
The element of Leo? Fire. (Well, that goes along with sun.) Fire is the supposed most powerful element.
The organ of the Leo? The heart.
The bone? The spine.
The metal? Gold.

Leos' were made to be the leaders of the Zodiac. Our dominatingly bitchy personalities come from our natural inclination to be better then everyone else. As long as we have a Taurus around to slap the smirks off our faces, Leos are pretty beast.

Also if a Leo manages to get over themselves, we are the most generous, selfless, determined and fearless sign as well. Good luck finding a Leo without an ego, but if you do, MARRY THEM. It's the only sensible thing to do.

My ego is weird. I am of course an arrogant over confident bitch, but I also realize that nothing I say will ever be any good, and everything I create is worthless. Long ago I decided that talking about how much I suck is far more endearing then the reverse.

So for my birthday tomorrow, we're playing Zombie. A game which I will happily explain... Later.

1 comment: