Sunday, August 8, 2010

Quirky thought procceses

Hey, two posts in one day! That's not like me.

Anyway, it bothers me when people who are confessing their love to someone employ the line "I think about you all the time".

Does that include the toilet?

I mean really. I always feel awful if I'm thinking about something on the toilet, like I am dishonouring the thing I'm thinking about.

I feel even worse if I'm thinking about a story and have to use the bathroom.

"Oh no- what if from now on using the bathroom makes me think of my story?

What if I can only come up with ideas on the toilet from now on?

What if I am forced to abuse laxatives to overcome writers block?

What if people find out about the abuse and think I have bulimia nervousa because of this?

What if I actually develop bulimia because of this?

What if this thought pattern is evidence that I'm developing OCD and I won't be able to escape this spiral and for the rest of my life all my thoughts will begin with the words "What If"?

What if thinking I have OCD means I'm actually hypochondriac?

Holy shit, believing I have hypochondria simultaneously proves and disproves that diagnoses."

The curse of intelligence! Left unchecked, the connections I make degrade swiftly into nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment