Wednesday, June 2, 2010

And on the Eighth day (and counting)

Everyone is getting psyched for the end of school. Which means that they're whining that we're still in school. Honestly, calm down. It's not as if additional days have been added.

Maybe I'm just too nostalgic, but I'm going to miss this year. The fact that it was total shit does not take away from the knowledge that next year and the years following will be shittier. This year would go on longer if I had my way. Not to make vacation shorter, just to learn more. Can a thirteenth month be added?

If we lost some mass, the earth might spin fast enough to fit another thirty days in before we finished going around the sun. I know it's dangerous, but I think it's worth the risk. The real question is what to jettison. I volunteer the Republicans!

Back on the subject of school, I might be spending more than eight days anyway. I'm at risk for summer school for math. The bizarre thing is that I love math. The idea that there is an answer, one answer, and it's possible to find- If you can get into the right mindset, it's thrilling.

I just happen to be lousy at it. What can you do, right? My teacher's great, I work hard, and I like it, I'm just awful. If summer school will help, of course I'll be happy to go...

No, not really. It's all true but I don't want to go to summer school. That'll be on my records. So fingers crossed that I pass. Oh wait, I have exactly zero readers to cross their fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment